Sunday, October 10, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
One of the setup is preferred as it makes life easier for the worker. It will make him more cheerful when everything is in place and he can access everything better.
2. What are the area of considerations when designing a conducive and comfortable workplace?
The price, its effectiveness and whether it really makes people more comfortable.
3. State the reasons why these considerations are important.
These would determine whether the workplace would be sold to alot of people.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
The four key recommendations of the report are: Providing a comfortable home for the elderly in Singapore, making more places easier and better to be accessed by the elderly, having places for healthcare for the elderly and getting the elderly involved with the community.
-State ONE way that the CAI report is recommending to make our public housing more elderly-friendly
They recommend the Government to set up a new intermediate residential care facility, to address the current service gap in intermediate residential care for seniors.
-State TWO ways on how we can ensure that the quality of elderly care here in Singapore is affordable
Top up Medisave accounts of less well-off Singaporeans when there are budget surpluses that the Government can share with the people, and have a Family Practitioner based holistic care for seniors.
-After reading the CAI report, what do you are the THREE things that you can do, as an SST student, to help overcome these elderly challenges
We can help some of the elderly to acquire new skills such as using a computer. We can also encourage them to stay active and healthy. Lastly, we can go around to public places and see what we can improve on to make it more elderly friendly.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
2. The importance of water in our lives and the ultraviolet rays that clean the water further.
3. How the used water is cleaned.
4. We can do simple things like trying to shower with the minimal time and turning of a tap tightly.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
We also saw the school's handyman...so we asked him to pose for us.
Mr Chua was coming into the canteen to maybe to have lunch and he posed for us.
A vending machine repairman was there to repair the vending machine.
And this is my very cheerful classmate and friend, Norman.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Oblique: It is to produce a 2D drawing of a 3D object
Orthographic: A type of projection in which an object is depicted or a surface mapped using parallel lines to project its shape onto a plane.
Isometric: Wiki answers
Orthographic: Dashboard Dictionary
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
en·vi·ron·ment (n-vrn-mnt, -vrn-) KEY
- The circumstances or conditions that surround one; surroundings.
- The totality of circumstances surrounding an organism or group of organisms, especially:
- The combination of external physical conditions that affect and influence the growth, development, and survival of organisms: "We shall never understand the natural environment until we see it as a living organism" (Paul Brooks).
- The complex of social and cultural conditions affecting the nature of an individual or community.
- Computer Science
- The entire set of conditions under which one operates a computer, as it relates to the hardware, operating platform, or operating system.
- An area of a computer's memory used by the operating system and some programs to store certain variables to which they need frequent access
- Taken from http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/environment
The concept of the natural environment can be distinguished by components:
- Complete ecological units that function as natural systems without massive human intervention, including all vegetation, animals, microorganisms, soil, rocks, atmosphere and natural phenomena that occur within their boundaries.
- Universal natural resources and physical phenomena that lack clear-cut boundaries, such as air, water, and climate, as well as energy, radiation, electric charge, and magnetism, not originating from human activity.
The natural environment is contrasted with the built environment, which comprises the areas and components that are strongly influenced by humans. A geographical area is regarded as a natural environment (with an indefinite article), if the human impact on it is kept under a certain limited level (similar to section 1 above).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_environment
What I think about environment is the characteristics of somewhere where humans interact or do activities.
ADMT means the showcasing of our creativity in our work. An ADMT student should have a creative and innovative mind. My aspiration as an ADMT student is to create things which would bring comfort to people when doing things. I can achieve them by working hard in the lessons and listening to the teacher.
This sketch is meaning that the world would be very simple and not aesthetically appealing and boring without colour and design.